- How to Apply (Steps)
- Schedules and Training
- In-Service Registration
- Admission Requirements
- Uniforms and Equipment
- Academy Tuition & Financial Aid
- TCOLE Information
- WECM (Course Descriptions)
IN THIS SECTION
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Office of Executive Dean
Corsicana Campus | (903) 875-7498
Corsicana Campus | (903) 875-7702
Please use the form below to get more information about the programs at Navarro College. A member of our Recruiting staff will be in touch with you shortly. We hope to assist you in any way that we can.
Uniforms, Equipment, and Supplies
Uniforms, supplies, and other equipment are required at the Navarro College Police Academy.
- Texas Criminal Law & Traffic Law Manual – current edition.
Books are available at the Navarro College Bookstore and MUST be purchased prior the start of the first day of class.
- Highlighters, etc.
- Index cards for use as flashcards (Approximately 500)
- Black Academy shirt (NC Bookstore)
- Black pants (5.11 brand, Dockers or Dickies)
- Plain black uniform trouser belt
- Plain black, polishable uniform boots (no pointed toes, tennis shoes, or slip-on low quarter shoes).
- Black Police Academy hooded sweatshirt (No other jackets allowed).
All Basic Peace Officer students are required to be in uniform on the first day of class. Contact the Academy Coordinator if you are unable to obtain your uniform prior to your first day of class, or if you have question about the type of clothing/foot gear required.
- Black shorts or sweat pants (no logos or emblems)
- White Academy T-shirt (NC Bookstore)
- Workout shoes
All Basic Peace Officer students will be required to participate in skills training and physical conditioning training.
- Black Leather Police Style Duty Belt
- Black Leather magazines pouch for Glock 22
- Holster for Glock 22 (may be other than leather)
- Four (4) black Leather belt keepers
- Hearing Protection for gun range
- One (1) pair of clear safety glasses
- One (1) pair of handcuffs with key
- One (1) black leather handcuff case
Nylon items are NOT acceptable. Equipment may be purchased at any law enforcement supply company.
Handguns are provided by the Police Academy for use at the firing range. Under no circumstances are students allowed to be in possession of personal firearms while on campus or at Police Academy facilities. Possession of personal firearms on campus or any Police Academy premises is grounds for dismissal from the Police Academy and Navarro College, and referral to the Navarro College Department of Public Safety. This also applies to a person who holds a concealed handgun license.
(Effective Spring 2014).