IN THIS SECTION
- Academic Advising
- College Bookstore
- Counseling Center
- CTE Success Center
- Dining Services
- Disability and Access Services
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Foster Care Liasion
- Housing and Residence Life
- Information Technology Services
- Learning Commons
- Military and Veterans
- Registrar's Office
- Student Life
- Testing Center
- TRIO Support Services
Career Pathway Exploration
College & Career Success Coaches provide students degree planning tools to make informed career pathway decisions.
Many students are undecided about their college major or career choice. If you feel this way, you are not alone. Deciding on your academic and career pathway can be very stressful. College & Career Success Coaches can offer career guidance based on your skills, personality, interests, and values. The following career services are available:
- Referrals to career assessments
- Assist with self-exploration
- Assist in clarifying academic and career paths
- Engage students in the decision-making process
- Offer resources and guidance for internships, employment opportunities, and career options.
- Connect students with organizations and programs outside of the classroom to develop leadership and organizational skills.
Career Pathway Tools
Texas Genuine Assessment
This website offers an assessment test and helps students to explore career fields, college programs, and academic requirements.
Texas Reality Check
This website lists occupation and the salary information to ensure you understand the lifestyle your future career can provide. This tool is helpful because it allows you to plan and assess your future by showing you how much your living expenses will cost in relation to the amount of money you are expected to earn.
This website is based on Carl Jung’s and Katherine Brigg’s personality indicator, Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). Understanding your personality and the personality of others, can assist you to navigate the world around you. It can also help connect personalities to careers.