TRiO Student Support Services is a federally funded grant program through the U.S. Department of Education. Student Support Services (SSS) provides a comprehensive range of services that are important to student success. The services are designed to help students stay in school until they graduate and/or transfer to a four-year institution. Navarro College is funded to serve 300 participants.
Eligibility: To be eligible for Student Support Services (SSS), an applicant must be a citizen of the United States or meet the residency requirements for Federal student financial assistance, have an academic need (TSI not met on degree plan) and meet one or more of the following criteria:
• meet low income standards by the federal government
• be a first generation college student (neither parent has earned a 4-year college degree); and/or
• have a documented disability.
Services Provided: TRiO SSS participants can expect the following services to be provided free of charge.
• Personal academic advising and registration
• One-on-one or group tutoring
• Financial aid application assistance
• Scholarship opportunities
• Grant aid (tuition assistance) when available for qualifying students
• Computer usage with access to internet
• Printing for academic purposes
• Advising on transferring to a 4-year college/university
• Workshops (Financial Literacy, Time Management, Study Skills, Final Exam Prep, Stress Management, Achieving College Success and more!)
To Apply: Interested applicants should complete the required application and return it to the TRiO Center (in the Arrowhead room on the 2nd floor) of the Gooch One-Stop Student Center on the Corsicana Campus.
Phone: (903) 875-7713
TRiO Student Student Support Services (SSS) is a grant program funded by the U.S. Department of Education.