DEFINITION OF ADMINISTRATION
Navarro College defines administration as staff members at or above the director level. Administration includes directors of departments, college deans, executive deans, vice presidents, and the President of Ellis County Campuses. The duties and responsibilities of administrators at the College are defined in the individual job descriptions for each position. Additional to the responsibilities listed in the job descriptions for each administrator, each administrator is responsible for the following general statements with regard to the implementation of policy:
- Be familiar with and adhere to all the policies and procedures of the College.
- Address operational matters within the framework of College policies and administrative organization.
- Engage in short- and long-range planning for assigned responsibilities.
- Acquaint personnel within their areas of responsibility with regard to the policies and procedures of the College.
- Be knowledgeable of and insure within areas of responsibility compliance with Board policy; Administrative procedures; Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges Standards; Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board rules and regulations; and federal, state and local laws regulating higher education.
- Formulate operational procedures for all areas of responsibility and recommend those procedures to the appropriate President’s Cabinet member to take for approval.
Approved: May 7, 2015
Updated: February 27, 2017