In keeping with its rich traditions, Navarro College pledges to maintain a civil campus climate in which students, employees, and visitors can experience a safe, mutually supportive, academically encouraging, egalitarian, & tolerant community. Civility is the act of formal politeness and courtesy in behavior and speech. Navarro College encourages its community to enable “I Am Navarro” by continually acting with consideration and respect of the Navarro College culture and its members. Civility is defined as “good citizenship and orderly behavior.”
- Respect, Civility, Integrity, Honesty: Respect Civility, Integrity, and Honesty are not just words; they are intentions that must be present in all interactions within the Navarro College Community.
- IDs and Lanyards: All faculty, staff, students, and guests must wear approved Navarro College identification. For most this consists of a college ID visibly displayed, commonly on a lanyard or a clip. Staff are encouraged to greet visitors without IDs to ensure that the guests’ visit is pleasant and that they are able to find the office of interest. Failure to identify oneself to a college official upon request or falsifying one’s identity (either verbally or by use of a mask or other obstruction) is forbidden.
- Dress: All are expected to dress appropriately. Please see the Student Handbook for more information pertaining to Student Dress and Appearance Code.
- Class Decorum: A faculty committee continues to work on guidelines and information to be shared with faculty. Faculty should know that there is support in controlling classroom behavior.
- Smoke and Tobacco Free District: The Navarro College District has designated all Navarro College property to be smoke and tobacco free since Fall 2014.
- Residence Life: Standards are set for students living in residence halls to ensure their success. By design, it is a privilege to reside in residence life, set aside for students who want to be academically successful.
- Noise: Out of respect for all, if others can hear your use of audio communication (e.g., music, voice, audio), it is too loud.