In communicating with college staff, members of the Board of Trustees should
- always be courteous and professional;
- direct employees to address any issues with their supervisor according to college policy and procedures for addressing concerns and complaints;
- remind employees that no individual trustee has authority; rather, the Board acts as one;
- communicate that the Board’s role is oversight of finance and policy; the entire staff works for the District President as she/he administers the mission of serving students;
- encourage and motivate staff to all work towards serving students and fulfilling the mission of the college.
Adherence to this policy contributes to the college’s compliance with SACSCOC Standards 3.2.4 and 3.2.6.
Date Issued: August 27, 2015