In communicating with college staff, members of the Board of Trustees should
- always be courteous and professional;
- direct employees to address any issues with their supervisor according to college policy and procedures for addressing concerns and complaints;
- remind employees that no individual trustee has authority; rather, the Board acts as one;
- communicate that the Board’s role is oversight of finance and policy; the entire staff works for the District President as she/he administers the mission of serving students;
- encourage and motivate staff to all work towards serving students and fulfilling the mission of the college.
UPDATED: December 12, 2019